Bondi (pronounced bond eye) is one of the most famous beaches in Australia, it is where the surfer types and the sun worshippers go.
We left early and took the train and the bus to get there, we weren’t sure which way to go at some point so we just followed the people carrying surfboards.
Bondi was HUGE, I have never seen such a wide sandy beach in my life, and the WAVES they were huge too!

I think we all just dropped our things and ran into the water, playing in the waves was really fun. I could tell why people like surfing. It’s really fun trying to ride a wave back to shore. I didn’t have a surfboard but I managed to bodysurf once by swimming just ahead of it and catching the top just as it started to curl.
I swear Pierre was just like a little kid, he must have spent the whole time in the water trying to ride the waves back to shore. Some of them were so high they, were twice my height. I am so glad I learned to as a child because there were a few times where the waves crashed into me and I was dragged underwater. That’s pretty disorienting, if I wasn’t comfortable in the water, I could have panicked.
At the visitor’s centre there was a little shop called Between the Flags. They have these shops all over Australia and they support the Australian Life Guarding Association. I bought a warm hoodie for the flight home and a neat t-shirt that said Beach Babe Australia.
We were sad to go but we had to leave the beach so we could get ready for our Tall Ship BBQ dinner that evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment