The plane was really something though, we were on the largest plane in the Qantas fleet. The Airbus A380, an immense double-decker plane with four huge engines. It was so long that Economy class was divided into four colour-coded sections. There was even a camera on the tail so you could watch the takeoff and the landing from your touch screen entertainment console.
It was novel at the beginning but as the ride wore on, none of us could sleep and there was a whiny baby nearby that just would randomly squeal or cry that would wake us up if we dosed off.
When I arrived in L.A. I just crashed on the bed and slept for three hours until I forced myself to wake up.
Originally we had planned to spend the day at Venice Beach. However, I was really not in the mood to do anything so we just walked around the hotel area for a bit.
L.A. isn't really as spectacular as it is portrayed on movies and television, I must say I was really disappointed. If I had the choice I would have flown through San Francisco instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment